Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Feeling Under the Weather

A mostly cloudy forecast......
I've had a pretty nasty head cold this past week.  Starting to feel a bit better today, though, thank the Lord.
I'm sure this unusual rainy, chilly, windy weather is not helping.  I think there have been maybe 10 nice days in the past month and a half.  Very atypical.   And this weather has me fooled.  I don't believe it's summer yet.  Therefore my mind and body have yet to get serious about swimsuit season coming up.  Not good.


.... with hints of Sun....
Yesterday was a nice day. 
I potted strawberries and 1 blueberry bush.  I had 3 blueberry bushes at one time.  Between my procrastination, the bad weather, and my brown thumb..... only 1 survived.  Here is a picture of my strawberries.  
I took it this morning.... it's raining again.

Yesterday also provided an opportunity for a brief visit with Dan's Uncle Dale (pictured).  Stay with me here, if you can.  Dan's dad (Lyle) has two living brothers - Dale and Les.  All 3 brothers live in Iowa.
* Several months ago, Uncle Les called to say he and his wife were visiting distant relatives in Idaho the weekend of June 19th.  We made plans to meet up with them. 
* Early this Spring, Dan's parents (Lyle and Sherry) informed us they were going to come out for a visit the tail end of June/ 4th of July.  Great :)
* Just a few days ago we discovered Uncle Dale has a good friend and they decided to fly out and visit her family here in Idaho.  We met up with Uncle Dale and his friend last night at the park.
*Sooooo - within 3 weeks, Dan and I will have seen all three brothers (Dale, Lyle, Larry) from Iowa, out here in Idaho, but for different reasons!
CRAZY!  




No comments:

Post a Comment